Re: Revert Request for "http+aes" scheme (see also ISSUE-179)

From: Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 13:06:36 -0000
To: public-html@w3.org
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:50:11 -0000, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

> I believe that the addition of the "http+aes" URI scheme
> (<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/spec/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.5601;r2=1.5602>
> plus subsequent edits) is controversial in that:
>
> - there's a related issue (ISSUE-179) which hasn't been decided yet,

I fail to see connection with av_param issue (unless you're referring to
Encrypted Media proposal that followed it).

However, even though I've proposed the scheme myself, I won't object to
the removal, as there were some good comments made on ietf-http-wg mailing
list regarding this scheme. I think it may be redesigned to use
"enc:<keyinfo>:http://.." syntax[1] or rely on an intermediate file with
key and checksums[2].

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński