Re: Encrypted Media proposal

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:24:23 -0500
To: public-html@w3.org
On 3/4/12 11:10 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Further, for "on-demand" streaming services such as Netflix, the ability to
> time-shift is moot, as it's an inherent quality of such a service.

This is only true if the user can either pause or seek the stream;
otherwise there is no way to deal with interruptions during viewing.  I
haven't tried Netflix streaming myself, and I can't find any good
descriptions of what it does and doesn't do, so maybe it already offers
those abilities, of course.

-Boris