Re: W3C FAQ on DRM and HTML5 ?!

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
> So, we are definitively interested in the space,
> independently of whether the HTML Working Group is interested in
> developing a solution or whether it is done in a separate group.
> Whatever we choose, we will do our best to get the right balance between
> producers and consumers.

Does the W3C intend solutions acceptable to the W3C in this space to
be Royalty-Free per the W3C Patent Policy
1) for the parts that are specced at the W3C
2) for the entirety of the solution that user agents would need to
implement in order to interoperate even if parts of the solution rely
on things not specified at the W3C
?

--
Henri Sivonen