Re: Widevine, "necessary requirements", "silent monitoring" etc. Re: Encrypted Media proposal

On 03.03.2012 00:32, David Dorwin wrote:
> Our plans for HTML5 are not necessarily represented
> by any existing product. We are committed to all Chrome
> platforms, including Linux, Chrome OS, etc.

"not necessarily" is not necessarily the same as "not".

Anyway: adding Widevine to Chrome, Chrome OS (what about Chromium and
Chromium OS?) and Linux would not necessarily improve the situation.

Maybe users of Chrome should ask themselves if such a "silent
monitoring" feature is already running on their computers?
Or they should ask themselves if Google considers to silently add it in
the future during one of the updates?

Why should I trust a company which promotes "silent monitoring" of users
of its own software products?

Cheers,
Andreas
---