Re: Encrypted Media proposal (was RE: ISSUE-179: av_param - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals)

From: Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 02:46:59 -0000
To: public-html@w3.org
On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 00:48:56 -0000, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
wrote:

> At Netflix we don't have customers telling us that we 'don't get it'.

That's almost tautological. I'm not your customer, because you (or rather
your content providers) don't get it. Pirate Bay having more content than
your service clearly shows that DRM is not only absolutely useless for
protecting content, but harms only you and your customers, rather than
pirates.

I'd love to be your customer if you stopped obsessing about piracy and
streamed DRM-free WebM to my country instead.

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński