Re: Encrypted Media proposal

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:53:32 -0800
To: Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, David Dorwin <ddorwin@google.com>, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
On 3/2/2012 3:27 AM, Philip J├Ągenstedt wrote:
> 3. Rendering must likely use some form of overlay. Opera has this for
> some platforms, but it limits the functionality of the <video>
> element, e.g. CSS transforms (other than scale+translate) and CSS
> opacity won't work. We consider this a platform limitation and it is
> not something we really want to make a core requirement for <video>.

I'd like to see this bit added somehow to the CSS Transforms spec.

Flash is treated as an overlay in Chrome, it's behavior with transform
has been unstable, and it would've helped to have scale+translate
specified as an "ok" alternative. Flash is still broken in Chrome.

I think we're going to need to figure out how to signal to the
scripting/CSS environment when CSS transforms are limited to
scale+translate (with rotate missing).

-Charles