Re: Proposed adaptive image element

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:49:57 -0700
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, Mathew Marquis <mat@matmarquis.com>
Hi Mat,

> Chairs and members of the HTML WG,
>
> Iíve posted a proposal for an adaptive image element to a W3C wiki here:
> http://www.w3.org/community/respimg/wiki/Picture_Element_Proposal

I definitely think that we should add some variety of adaptive bitmapped image asset loading to HTML; I've made such feature proposals myself.

That said, I think it would be a mistake to add such a feature *in the HTML5 timeframe*. We've already deferred several other features to HTML.next; if we're going to actually finish HTML5, we need to stop taking on new features for it.

Ted