Re: Proposed adaptive image element

On Jun 23, 2012, at 5:08 PM, Paul Cotton wrote:

>> Paul, Sam, and Maciej, should Mathew file a bug according to the HTML Working Group Decision Policy to get his proposal in the WG system ASAP?
>
> The Chairs will discuss the processing of this request on Monday at our regular weekly Chairs meeting.  Personally I believe this proposal should be dealt with in the same way as the WG is processing the Encrypted Media and Media Services proposals ie as items that will be done separately from the current HTML5 specification(s).  But eventually it will be the HTML WG that will make this decision.
>
> I note as well that the WG is about to discuss a revised charter and I believe that the processing of this proposal can be discussed as part of that discussion.

This is great news! I really appreciate the prompt attention being given to this issue. I’d love to see this included under the HTML5 umbrella for the sake of making it available to implementors and authors as soon as possible, but I don’t know that the other treatment necessarily precludes that—I’m sort of new to all this, after all. If there’s anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let me know!

It’s great to see that a solution is in the works! There’s no small amount of buzz about this from the developer community, and I’m really looking forward to announcing that a fix is on the horizon.

Thanks,
Mat Marquis