ISSUE-185a: drop-pubdate - Straw Poll for Objections

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:19:04 +0000
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
ISSUE-185: drop-pubdate - Straw Poll for Objections

The HTML WG has not reached consensus on whether we should drop pubdate from the HTML5 specification and/or whether we should add moddate to the HTML5 specification. This straw poll only deals with the question of dropping pubdate. A separate straw poll is being used to determine if we should add moddate.

The poll is available here and it will run through Thu Jun 21:

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-185a-objection-poll/

Please read the introductory text before entering your response.

In particular, keep in mind that you don't *have* to reply. You only need to do so if you feel your objection to one of the options is truly strong, and has not been adequately addressed by a clearly marked objection contained within a Change Proposal or by someone else's objection. The Chairs will be looking at strength of objections, and will not be counting votes.

/paulc

HTML WG co-chair

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329