Re: Moving forward with Issue-204

On 06/11/2012 07:08 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Maciej Stachowiak writes:
>>
>> On Jun 11, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Janina Sajka<janina@rednote.net>  (janina@rednote.net)<janina@rednote.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> May we please have a plain English version of the Details Section of
>>> AllowAriaReferHidden so that we can better understand what the two
>>> different CPs actually propose? We have previously made this request,
>>> but are still awaiting its actualization.
>>>
>>> I don't believe we can really discuss substance very accurately without
>>> that--nor move to a survey, frankly.
>>
>> I believe Ted's section on "The AllowAriaReferHidden proposal" below accurately summarizes the changes proposed by AllowAriaReferHidden. In addition, a formatted exact textual diff is available here:<http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6979&to=6980>.
>>
> Well, then we disagree. That URI has "language" such as the following:
>
> <quotation>
>     element's attribute values and the values of its<code>Text</code>

As near as I can tell, this portion of the diff that you happened to
quote  is associated with section 3.2.3.4 "The translate attribute" and
is completely unrelated to the issue being discussed, and therefore
should not have been committed as a part of the same change; furthermore
proposal which suggests that this change be reverted would introduce a
markup error.

I've attempted to extract the parts of that commit that I do feel are
relevant.  I've tried not to introduce any fancy markup.  Instead there
is simply the word "Before" followed by one or more paragraphs, followed
by the word "After" followed by one or more paragraphs, then a
horizontal line, and the pattern repeats, for a total of three changes.

The results can be found at the following page:

   http://intertwingly.net/tmp/AllowAriaReferHidden.html

If anybody spots any errors or omissions I may have introduced into
this, please let me know.

- Sam Ruby