Re: Moving forward with Issue-204

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:47:23 -0600
To: "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>
Cc: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Frank Olivier <Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:

> John,
>
> The tone of this message to the leadership of this working group is out of
> line and disruptive. You have been warned many times not to abuse the group
> list with unproductive rhetorical posturing like this. This is the wrong
> way to make the points you are trying to make.
>
> I am recommending to the chairs that they revoke your posting privileges
> for two weeks.

Mike, I find John's email objective, and absent of emotive content. Nor is
it phrased as rhetorical posturing. On the other hand, I do find your email
quite unnecessarily emotive, and in need of toning down. Furthermore, I
would venture that it is not the W3C Team's prerogative to intervene in
this manner unless requested by the chairs.

Regards,
Glenn