RE: MPEG2-TS activity in Bugzilla

In context of adaptive streaming, I believe that MPEG-2 TS will be also useful for HLS support as well.
Anyway - this is a suggestion to include non-normative text regarding an often used container in addition to non-normative text about two other frequently used containers.

From: Mark Watson [mailto:watsonm@netflix.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 8:02 PM
To: Bob Lund
Cc: Glenn Adams; Henri Sivonen; public-html WG
Subject: Re: MPEG2-TS activity in Bugzilla

On Jun 7, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Bob Lund wrote:

Said another way, I'm not convinced there is a massive library of "legacy" MPEG2 TS content out there that just happens to be already suitable for adaptive streaming using the Media Source extension.

While not disagreeing with the above statement, that is not to say that legacy MPEG-2 TS content (without adaptive streaming) won't be consumed by HTML5 user agent based clients.

True, but here was are talking about the Media Source extension - which is targeted exactly at adaptive streaming.

...Mark