RE: A request concerning a11y related emails

Sam Ruby wrote:

> That's simply because I knew in advance that such emails would bounce,
> and that PLH would be forwarding them appropriately once the problem
> was
> corrected.  Something he followed through on before you sent your
> email:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jul/

OK Sam, today I cannot disprove that fact - you may have indeed been in
communication with PLH or others at the W3C and were aware in advance of the
a11ytf list issue.

My request however remains as originally stated: with regard to
accessibility related emails I request that all 3 Chairs take special care
to include the a11yTF mailing list in significant notices that may be of
importance to the accessibility community.

For another example, this notice of July 12 (that certainly has
accessibility concerns attached to it) was also not forwarded to the a11yTF
list:

ISSUE-194: full-transcript - Straw Poll for Objections
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0070.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jul/

You can remain defensive, or the Chairs can commit to taking the extra care
as requested - up to you. I will drop this subject now.

JF