Re: Proposed adaptive image element

On 26/07/2012 18:43, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> What you say here is not without links to reality. However, I think
> you make up the bill without the hosts. E.g. the WhatWg offer their
> own "web developers' edition" of HTML5 - which supposedly is "for
> people", as you say. Even HTML5 itself, as produced by W3, comes in
> two editions.

The web developers edition is a mechanically subsetted version, with
different css styling so isn't really relevant to the discussion of
the dangers of diverging forked development.

> I also don't think there is consensus that creativity should only
> happen within the WHATwg space. So while individuals within each
> group might agree with you, I don't think that whether the WHATWG or
> the HTMLwg subscribe to the model you present.

The W3C announcement eg as phrased at

http://www.w3.org/QA/2012/07/html5_and_htmlnext.html

is basically in line with what I said. This HTML WG should work towards
HTML5 and the WHAT CG  should work on HTML.next.

All I was saying if that we are planning to add new features to HTML
beyond what is currently specified in HTML5 then common sense dictates
that they be compatible with HTML.next.

David

--
google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle