Re: Moving forward with Issue-204

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:41:01 -0400
To: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org
On 07/24/2012 01:53 PM, Edward O'Connor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote:
>
>>> I have updated the [ISSUE-204] Change Proposal to include (a minor
>>> variation) on the text I proposed the other day.
>
> Sam replied:
>
>> I'll respond more fully later, but it appears that you added back in
>> the instructions to revert change 6890. This is unacceptable as
>> previously noted as it contains unrelated changes and would leave the
>> document in an inconsistent state.
>
> I've updated the Change Proposal to ensure that the unrelated change
> (the typo fixed in the "The translate attribute" section) would not be
> lost.

Why?

Can you point to the problem in the current specification that you feel
need to be addressed?

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/global-attributes.html#the-translate-attribute

This appears to be unnecessary, it introduces confusion, and Judy has
objected.  Please reconsider removing this.  Either that or identify why
it is important to you for this text to remain.

> Thanks,
> Ted

- Sam Ruby