Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-184 Add a data element

From: Cameron Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:54:59 +0100
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> *** Decision of the Working Group ***
>
> Therefore, the HTML Working Group hereby adopts the <data> element
> without a type system change proposal:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Tantekelik/data_element
>
> Of the Change Proposals before us, this one has drawn the weaker
> objections.

I have to concur with the decision of the working group based on the
reasoned appraisal of the rationale and details of both proposals.

I will take the time to review the decision with specific attention
given to the comments regarding new information and to redouble
efforts into the style and formatting of data values which i believe
to be an eventual necessity and an omission from HTML5 resulting in
lack of implementation of data-based feature sets.

If the new information is not forthcoming within the current
timeframe, i believe the current proposal and subsequent research will
instead provide ground for future specification within HTML.next.

Thanks,
Cameron Jones