Re: ISSUE-194

Hi Sunyang,

A text track is a part of the video and dependent on the video's
timeline. Basically, text tracks are sub-resources of the video.

A transcript in contrast is a concept in its own right and does not
even need a video element to be published. It certainly does not rely
on the video's timeline. It is therefore more like a "partner
resource" than a "sub-resource".

HTH.

Cheers,
Silvia.