: Hi, do we have media transcode API?

From: Sunyang (Eric) <eric.sun@huawei.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 08:20:03 +0000
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
HTTP adaptive streaming seems handle the advertisement and video editing, can media source
Have API so I can change media file or real time stream in <video> element from original format to a new format just using
JS API to output to another <video> element? May use file API to output to a BLOB?

Yang Sun
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Email: eric.sun@huawei.com
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
No 101,Software Avenue, Yuhua District,Nanjing 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com

ʼ丽лΪ˾ıϢڷ͸ַгĸ˻Ⱥ顣
ֹκκʽʹãȫ򲿷ֵй¶ơɢʼ
Ϣ˱ʼ绰ʼ֪ͨ˲ɾʼ
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by

-----ʼԭ-----
: Silvia Pfeiffer [mailto:silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com]
ʱ: 201274 15:29
ռ: Glenn Adams
: Sunyang (Eric); HTML WG
: Re: Hi, do we have media transcode API?

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Sunyang (Eric) <eric.sun@huawei.com> wrote:
>>
>> We receive a HD mp4 video stream to <video> element, can we have a media
>> transcode API to transcode the HD video stream to a different format video
>> stream which fit for the Smartphone?
>

> There is none defined.

HTTP adaptive streaming is in the process of being standardised with
the MediaSource API [1]. That will allow delivery of video to all
devices, because it adapts to bandwidth and device capabilities.

Regards,
Silvia.

[1] e.g. http://updates.html5rocks.com/2011/11/Stream-video-using-the-MediaSource-API