Re: [html5] inline table

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:56:45 +0100
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Andrew Fedoniouk, Sun, 29 Jan 2012 16:26:28 -0800:
> I understand that HTML5 parsing model prohibits <table> and other by
> default block elements to be contained inside text containers like <p>
> and <span>.
>
> But what if I want to use table that has display:inline-table styling
> inside <p> for example:
> http://terrainformatica.com/w3/inline-table.htm
>
> Is use of <span> soup with display:inline-table & friends styling is
> the only option for such cases?

Use of <span> does not work in Webkit.

You have to use <object> - though it currently isn't considered
conforming to do so [try the validator and read the spec].

You could also use span and CSS to make something that looks like a
table - for AT, you could use ARIA to convey the 'table-ness'.
--
Leif H Silli