Re: Meta element to prevent resending post data

From: Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 22:11:13 -0000
To: "Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com" <mtanalin@yandex.ru>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:56:24 -0000, Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com
<mtanalin@yandex.ru> wrote:

> For even more clarity, see also branch of my discussion with Tab:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0168.html

Ahh, OK. I see now. That's slightly different from what I've assumed —
Sorry!

That issue is, without POST-redirect-GET, an unsolved problem in current
browsers indeed. It is served well by the status 303 redirect though.

So for a legacy "header-challenged" CMS perhaps a bit of JavaScript could
work around the problem? In a response to POST (but not GET) request
include:

<script>location = location</script>

That should be roughly equivalent to status 303 redirect.

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński