Re: proposal for ISSUE-191: replace ins and del elements by an attibute-based solution

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:58:07 +0100
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org
On 24.1.2012 9:44, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> I just pinged Microsoft, Adobe and Apple to participate in this
> discussion. We're all editor implementors and vendors.
> Please, can the chairs of this WG do the same and officially ask
> them to contribute here? Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

is the goal of your proposal just to improve unsatisfactory ins/del
elements or provide complete change tracking solution in HTML markup?

If the later is true, then new proposal should be able to represent
change tracking features available in OOXML/ODF formats and their
implementations -- HTML is now commonly used to render and deliver
office formats. It will be huge effort, change tracking is a very
complex bestie.

				Jirka