RE: Open Source implementations Re: Encrypted Media proposal (was RE: ISSUE-179: av_param - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals)

From: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 04:48:32 -0800
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
> Personally, I disagree and think that the World Wide Web Consortium should be focused on the World Wide Web and not put effort into catering to user
>agents that don't try to support browsing the Web at large.

So then the needs of Email clients that use HTML-based email aren't relevant?

What about EPUB-based readers?

Both of those are examples of other standards (and standards bodies) that have based their work on HTML and I would think are as much of a constituent of this WG as anyone else.  And I would think their needs are quite relevant.

Leonard