Re: Open Source implementations Re: Encrypted Media proposal (was RE: ISSUE-179: av_param - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals)

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:40:56 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
>> > I'm not sure what is meant by "what the web considers HTML5" but in
>> > general, (current generation) SmartTVs do not try to support browsing
>> > the web at large.
> (3) these issues are relevant to this WG because these service providers and
> their end users are both customers and members of this WG;

Personally, I disagree and think that the World Wide Web Consortium
should be focused on the World Wide Web and not put effort into
catering to user agents that don't try to support browsing the Web at
large.

It would be helpful to at least clearly separate requirements that
pertain to browsers meant to support browsing the Web at large from
requirements that pertain to devices that use HTML for other purposes.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi