Re: Open Source implementations Re: Encrypted Media proposal (was RE: ISSUE-179: av_param - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals)

I do think the confusion was that the word "adversary" in the technical
DRM sense is fine, but that usage wasn't clear at first. In the
nontechnical usage the word is highly prejudicial. I think part of the
problem may also have been that we were talking about the "user" as an
adversary rather than the "unauthorized user." This may be semantics, but
of course we must ensure that the "authorized user" has the necessary
credentials to remove the encryption.

-Clarke