Open Source implementations Re: Encrypted Media proposal (was RE: ISSUE-179: av_param - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals)

From: Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: 25 Feb 2012 17:03:28 +0100
To: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: "Adrian Bateman" <adrianba@microsoft.com>, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "David Dorwin" <ddorwin@google.com>, "Mark Watson" <watsonm@netflix.com>
I am more interested in protecting users than content and therefore
agree with Ian.

But I have a question. I am opposed to "standards" which can not be
implemented by Open Source software.

Would it be possible to create working "Content Decryption Modules" for
which the complete source code is available? How would that work?

Cheers,
Andreas