Re: Request to Reconsider Alt Guidance Location

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis writes:

> As far as I can tell from the slapdash Details section, this Change
> Proposal would remove all conformance requirements for @alt for
> documents claiming to conform to W3C HTML5 (as opposed to HTML5 +
> WCAG2, or HTML5 + Alt Techniques, or whatever).
>
> Is that the intention? If not, please clarify the Change Proposal to
> state what, or at least, *where* the normative conformance
> requirements for documents claiming to conform to HTML5 would be. (A

You've basically got it. I think, if you can try something other than a
slap-dash reading of the proposal, you'll find we're clearly asking for
one locus of conformance criteria.  Because, what we have today is two
(arguably three) loci, and that's not tenable.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net