Re: autofocus on links is missing?

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:51:14 +0100
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
I just discovered this has already been processed as:

Bug 13942 - Allow @autofocus on any element with @tabindex

Hixie's response:

Change Description: no spec change
Rationale: Let's see how people do with autofocus on <input> before we start
making it even easier to move focus around.

I don't find that very satisfactory, adding a feature inconsistently
strikes me as a bad idea, it unnecessarily increases the cognitive
load of developers/publishers. Leif's proposal resolves this.