W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > February 2012

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-02-09: issue progress, task force reports, revert request, new information deadline, F2F

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 17:33:23 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6895C7B67488C14AA23F0E079F0D7E8F33CBA8@TK5EX14MBXC283.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes --> http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-html-wg-minutes.html

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

09 Feb 2012

 Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
  Sam, adrianba, krisk, Cynthia_Shelly, Julian, Mike, Janina_Sajka, paulc, Radhika_Roy, mjs, Plh, Philippe
Regrets
Chair
  Sam Ruby
Scribe
  Adrian Bateman
Contents

Topics
1.ACTION items due by Thursday, February 9
2.New Issues This Week
3.Items Closed Last Week
4.Items Closing This Week
5.Items Closing Next Week
6.New Calls this week
7.New Surveys this week
8.Decisions this week
9.Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force
10.Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force
11.Other business
12.Scribe for next meeting
13.Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ACTION items due by Thursday, February 9

ACTION-207?

<trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active -- due 2012-02-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

paulc: i think we can close this action item - intent was to double check that proposal was still operative
 ... chairs are working with WG and Web & TV IG and the chairs will decide when to push to the next step
 ... i will register this in the action item

New Issues This Week

rubys: none

Items Closed Last Week

rubys: none

Items Closing This Week

rubys: Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 11, have none

ISSUE-172?

<trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- restore <rb> as an optional element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

rubys: Change Proposals due Feb 11, have one

ISSUE-131?

<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

ISSUE-183?

<trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

ISSUE-184?

<trackbot> ISSUE-184 -- Add a data element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

rubys: Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 11, have one:

ISSUE-179?

<trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

Items Closing Next Week

rubys: Change Proposals due Feb 15, have one

ISSUE-193?

<trackbot> ISSUE-193 -- Remove CSS example that promotes inaccessible content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/193

rubys: Change Proposals due Feb 15, have none

ISSUE-194?

<trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a full transcript with an audio or video element. -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

ISSUE-195?

<trackbot> ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from forms -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

ISSUE-196?

<trackbot> ISSUE-196 -- Define user agent http response handling behaviour -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/196

ISSUE-197?

<trackbot> ISSUE-197 -- Accept attribute should allow file extensions in addition to the current allowed values -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/197

rubys: Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 15, have none

ISSUE-182?

<trackbot> ISSUE-182 -- Advice in spec about annotations promotes inaccessible content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182

ISSUE-188?

<trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a way agnostic of the specific caption format -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/188

ISSUE-189?

<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

rubys: Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 15, have one

ISSUE-185?

<trackbot> ISSUE-185 -- Drop the pubdate attribute -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/185

rubys: Change Proposals due Feb 15, have none

ISSUE-198?

<trackbot> ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to the W3C patent policy -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

ISSUE-199?

<trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements for ARIA attributes -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

ISSUE-200?

<trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in non-FIELDSET elements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

ISSUE-201?

<trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing capability to fallback content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

ISSUE-202?

<trackbot> ISSUE-202 -- Missing alt should not be considered conforming in the presence of figcaptions over 50 words in length -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/202

rubys: Change Proposals due Feb 16, have none

ISSUE-203?

<trackbot> ISSUE-203 -- All Media Elements should have the ability to have both short and longer textual descriptions associated to the element -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/203

rubys: important that we get CP for these issues - if we don't get proposals the issues will be deferred to html.next

janina: a11y tf thinks issue 203 should be considered after issue 30
 ... since one depends on the other
 ... you need both an alt text and a longdesc for the media element - this is separate from the poster that it may have
 ... we in good shape on the alt but not on the longdesc because we don't yet know which mechanism we will end up with for that

rubys: are you suggesting the deadline moved after?

janina: yes, to start after the longdesc question is resolved

paulc: are you asking that we don't process 203 before 30 or that we delay calling change proposals

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0098.html

janina: delaying change proposals call because the only thing that could be proposed is used longdesc or described by that we're talking about in 30
 ... CP will be to apply that mechanism to the video tag

paulc: could you write the CP saying using the solution from issue 30
 ... then all we have to make sure we don't come to a decision on 203 before 30

rubys: before the deadline?

janina: yes
 ... if that kind of conditional proposal is acceptable then this is reasonable

paulc: suggest that you get this into the CP and ask for explicit permission from chairs

New Calls this week

rubys: none

New Surveys this week

rubys: none

Decisions this week

ISSUE-177?

<trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0065.html

rubys: published decision, editor has applied the change

Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force

krisk: met as planned last week 31 jan

<krisk> Meeting Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Feb/0000.html

krisk: no new bugs, some new tests from Ms2ger
 ... some discussion about the a11y and aria mapping testing and kris will follow-up with cynthia and a11y tf

Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force

janina: very busy, number of change proposals coming is large
 ... we have a reconsideration request on meta generator
 ... task force decision on that now

Other business

rubys: review of issue 30 proposal
 ... mjs posted review

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0058.html

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0064.html

rubys: next up is split issue 30
 ... discussion started on the mailing list
 ... if there are two parts disagreement about whichto do first

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0067.html

rubys: discussions ongoing

janina: is there agreement on what the 2 parts are?

rubys: i think so
 ... my understanding is the aria question is split out from whether longdesc is deprecated
 ... active discussion, lots of emails in last 24/48 hours
 ... Revert request for r6895
 ... this has been applied

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0066.html

rubys: Saturday is the deadline for change proposals for New Information

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0082.html

rubys: this post describes exactly what is needed
 ... April face-to-face meetings for HTML and WebApps

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0057.html

plh: in order to help wg make progress, a f2f would be good
 ... especially in april for html wg
 ... now question is dates with conferences we don't want to overlap with
 ... ended up with second week in april
 ... we are aware that this is easter monday so some people will have to travel on that day, also end of passover
 ... unfortunate but unless more objections will continue since only alternative is may
 ... which doesn't work for html wg timeline
 ... don't yet have a host - looking for a host
 ... want to block dates next week and confirm meeting as soon after that as possible

rubys: Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2012-01-23 - 2012-01-29

http://www.w3.org/QA/2012/01/openweb-weekly-26.html

Scribe for next meeting

rubys: any volunteers?

paulc: my turn to chair next week

Adjournment

rubys: thanks everybody

Summary of Action Items
 [End of minutes]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:14 PM
> To: announce
> Subject: HTML WG telecon 2012-02-09: issue progress, task force reports,
> revert request, new information deadline, F2F
> 
> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-02-09 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.
> 
> http://timeanddate.com/s/27ax
> 
> Tokyo 02:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
> New Jersey/York 12:00, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
> 
> Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
> Scribe: Adrian Bateman
> 
> (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
> 
> == Agenda ==
> 
> 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, February 9
> 
> a) ACTION-207: Confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active
>     [Paul Cotton]
>     http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207
> 
> 2. New Issues This Week:
> 
>     None
> 
> 3. Items Closed Last Week
> 
>     None
> 
> 4. Items Closing This Week
> 
> a) ISSUE-172: restore-rb, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 11
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0044.html
> 
> b) ISSUE-183: enhance-time, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 11
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0040.html
> 
> c) ISSUE-184: data-element, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 11
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0042.html
> 
> d) ISSUE-131: caret-location-API, Change Proposals due Feb 11
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0041.html
> 
> e) ISSUE-179: av_param, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 11
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0045.html
> 
> 5. Items Closing Next Week
> 
> a) ISSUE-193: inaccessible-example, Change Proposals due Feb 15
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0070.html
> 
> b) ISSUE-194: full-transcript, Change Proposals due Feb 15
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0073.html
> 
> c) ISSUE-195: form-http-req, Change Proposals due Feb 15
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0071.html
> 
> d) ISSUE-196: ua-http-resp-handling, Change Proposals due Feb 15
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0072.html
> 
> e) ISSUE-197: accept-file-ext, Change Proposals due Feb 15
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0074.html
> 
> f) ISSUE-182: footnote-recommendation, Alternate or Counter Proposals
>     due Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0084.html
> 
> g) ISSUE-185: drop-pubdate, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0083.html
> 
> h) ISSUE-188: generic-track-format, Alternate or Counter Proposals due
>     Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0085.html
> 
> i) ISSUE-189: uri-web-prefix, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0086.html
> 
> j) ISSUE-198: innerHTML-patent-policy, Change Proposals due Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0077.html
> 
> k) ISSUE-199: aria-processing, Change Proposals due Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0078.html
> 
> l) ISSUE-200: legend-placement, Change Proposals due Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0079.html
> 
> m) ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback, Change Proposals due Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0080.html
> 
> n) ISSUE-202: figcaption-words, Change Proposals due Feb 16
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0081.html
> 
> o) ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Change Proposals due Feb 17
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0098.html
> 
> 6. New Calls this week
> 
>     None
> 
> 7. New Surveys this week
> 
>     None
> 
> 8. Decisions this week
> 
> a) Working Group Decision on ISSUE-177: ietf-id-wip
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0065.html
> 
> 9. Task Force Reports
> 
> a) Testing Task Force
> 
> b) Accessibility Task Force
> 
> 10. Other Business
> 
> a) Review of the issue 30 Change Proposal:
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0058.html
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0064.html
> 
> b) Split Issue 30?
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0067.html
> 
> c) Revert Request for r6895:
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0066.html
> 
> d) Saturday is the deadline for change proposals for New Information
>     requests:
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0113.html
> 
> e) April face-to-face meetings for HTML and WebApps
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0057.html
> 
> f) Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2012-01-23 - 2012-01-29
>     http://www.w3.org/QA/2012/01/openweb-weekly-26.html
> 
> 11. Scribe for next meeting
> 
> 12. Adjournment
> 
> == Dial-in and IRC Details ==
> 
> Zakim teleconference bridge:
>    +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)
> 
> Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
>    #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
> 
Received on Thursday, 9 February 2012 17:34:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:30 UTC