Re: why are we pursuing this idea? (was: Implementation Details request on Issue 204 Decision)

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Why do you think it's better for user agents not to expose such
> content when such education efforts fail, as they normally do?"
>
> I am not suggesting forbidding user agents from exposing anything, I
> am suggesting promoting it as a useful method to expose rich content
> is not a productive or worthwhile idea and in general we should be not
> advocating it.

The adopted spec text says authors SHOULD NOT use this technique for
rich content, but user agents MAY expose it when they do. Would you
call that "promoting"?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis