Re: FORMAL OBJECTION (was RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-204 aria-hidden)

Maciej:

Maciej:

You also have problems with currently spec'd legitimate uses of
ARIA-Describedby. A number of these are described in the (under
development) ARIA Authoring Guide:

http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/

Please note that these uses include displayed content and
auto-consumption of the ARIA-Describedby content, i.e. the screen reader
automatically reads the ARIA-Describedby text.

So, now we have a Describedby that sometimes displays, and sometimes
does not; that sometimes waits for users to request access to the
Describedby content, and other times auto displays it.

You've overloaded this simple ARIA construct, and done so for dubious
gain. Even if you can demonstrate the behavior you enumerate in webkit,
it would be insufficient, in other words.

And, am I correct that this is still vaporware? You are not providing a
Safari that can be installed today that does this? Am I wrong about
that?

Janina