Re: Audience Based Validator User Interface (ISSUE-206)

On 8/5/12 3:25 PM, "Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis" <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> in any of the above a conforming HTML5 authoring tool would be useless
>>if it
>> could not emit the documents.
>
>Maybe we should say that a conforming HTML5 authoring tool MAY emit
>"non-conforming HTML5 documents" but MUST make the author informed of
>the (machine-assessable) conformance status of the document when
>emitting.

Wouldn't that require that all HTML5 authoring/generation tools have to
include (and/or link to) some validator??   That seems like quite a burden
to place on authoring toolsŠ

Leonard