Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-206: meta-generator by Amicable Resolution

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:
> My goal is to resolution on this issue without any formal objections. Not
> 100% agreement on an ideal solution, but at least everybody agreeing on
> something they can live with.

I think the goal should be solving the problem in a way that actually
solves it if there indeed is a problem. Avoiding FOs is a distraction.
If there a FOs, they should be noted and the group should move on.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/0037.html
indicates to me that there is a problem to be solved here. (OTOH, if,
instead of believing Steve, we believe the message from John that
Steve replied to, there's no problem to be solved. I we believe that,
we shouldn't compromise, IMO, but go back to the HTML4 situation.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi