Re: img@relaxed CP [was: CfC: Close ISSUE-206: meta-generator by Amicable Resolution]

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:
> Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>, 2012-07-31 15:13 -0700:
>
>>          http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/User:Eoconnor/ISSUE-206
>>
>> While this Change Proposal is both concrete and complete, I intend to
>> solicit comments from conformance checker developers which may result in
>> testimonials I would like to cite in the Rationale section.
>
> Speaking personally and only with my conformance-checker-developer hat on,
> I strongly support this change proposal. I've not talked with Henri about
> it yet, but if he were also supportive of it, then it's something we would
> implement support for in the validator.nu sources (on which both the
> validator.nu service and W3C Nu Markup Validation Service are based).

I think this proposal would be eligible for implementation in
Validator.nu if the proposal were adopted by the WG.

> The meta@name=generator
> exception currently in the spec does not.

I agree that <meta name=generator> is a bad solution both because it
tries to repurpose existing syntax in a way that's not expected by the
current generators of the syntax and because of its lack of
granularity.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi