Re: HTML Working Group Changes

On 23.4.2012 22:49, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> * Ian will continue editing the WHATWG HTML specification, which we
> anticipate will be one such proposal.
>
> * Editors of Recommendation-Level specifications and authors of
> HTML.next proposals are encouraged to work together to avoid
> introducing contradictions, but are free to make their own changes
> directly.
>
> * As W3C proceeds with its work on follow-ons to HTML 5, W3C and the
> WHATWG plan to continue their partnership in developing the right
> features for the future web.

So, do I understand it correctly that there is nothing else except
encouragement which should keep REC-level specs in sync with WHATWG
version of HTML.next now called "HTML Living Standard"? And given the
past experience such divergency will be larger and larger even the
nicely put words above?

One would hope that Web platform will be developed on much more solid
and mature grounds in 2012.

    Jirka