W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > April 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-04-19: issues, decisions, TF reports, Change Proposal reviews

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:24:34 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+cWaNKguW2O3gh_cuSbzsXG1G_URtN3waRO=+KPHjBBBA@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org, HTML WG LIST <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Draft minutes at [1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-html-wg-minutes.html

Text format follows (with minor edits to add attendees):

                               - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

19 Apr 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0006.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present

          rubys, glenn, hober, radhika_roy, mike, cynthia_shelly,
janina, krisk, mark_watson, adrianba, milan, joseph_scheuhammer,
mark_vickers

   Regrets
   Chair
          rubys (Sam Ruby)

   Scribe
          glenn (Glenn Adams)

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, April 19
         2. [6]New Issues This Week
         3. [7]Items closed last week
         4. [8]Items closing this week
         5. [9]Items closing next week
         6. [10]New calls this week
         7. [11]New surveys this week
         8. [12]Decisions this week
         9. [13]Task force reports
        10. [14]Testing Task Force
        11. [15]Accessibility Task Force
        12. [16]Other Business
        13. [17]AOB
        14. [18]Scribe for next meeting
        15. [19]Adjournment
     * [20]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 19 April 2012

   <rubys> hober: ack. everybody else: any volunteers to scribe?

   i can scribe, but will remain on mute

   <rubys> thanks glenn!

   <scribe> scribenick: glenn

ACTION items due by Thursday, April 19

   none

New Issues This Week

   none

Items closed last week

   ISSUE-184?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-184 -- Add a data element -- open

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

   ISSUE-198?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-198 -- Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are
   subject to the W3C patent policy -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/198

   ISSUE-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   ISSUE-183?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element
   -- open

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

Items closing this week

   ISSUE-204?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule
   that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

   ISSUE-204: Call for Counter Proposals closes Apr 18

   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that
   prohibits reference to hidden elements notes added

   <tantek> greetings, scribe, Zakim, I am attending by IRC only
   today.

   cynthia: some proposals may be withdrawn, should sort out today

Items closing next week

   none

New calls this week

   none

New surveys this week

   none, but might be one coming up shortly

Decisions this week

   ISSUE-184: Data Element adopted by Amicable Consensus

   <trackbot> ISSUE-184 Add a data element notes added

   ISSUE-184?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-184 -- Add a data element -- open

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

Task force reports

Testing Task Force

   <krisk> We met on 4/10

   <krisk> Notes ->
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2
   012Apr/0005.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Apr/0005.html

   krisk: no new bugs
   ... reviewed canvas test from ms2ger, see IRC logs

   s/patch/test/

   <krisk> we meet again on 4/24th

Accessibility Task Force

   <krisk> s/agin/again/

   janina focusing on issue 204

   scribe: forwarded two proposals last night

   [who is talking?]

   scribe: will take up review of 194

Other Business

   CfC: Create Media Task Force - deadline now April 18

   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Apr/007
   4.html

     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Apr/0074.html

   janina: needs discussion and involvement from accessibility

   ISSUE-133: modal-attribute: CLOSED

   <trackbot> ISSUE-133 Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate
   a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) notes added

   ISSUE-194: full-transcript: change proposal reviews

   <trackbot> ISSUE-194 Provide a mechanism for associating a full
   transcript with an audio or video element. notes added

   ISSUE-195: form-http-req: change proposal reviews

   <trackbot> ISSUE-195 Enhance http request generation from forms
   notes added

   ISSUE-198: innerHTML-patent-policy: change proposal needs to be
   revised

   <trackbot> ISSUE-198 Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are
   subject to the W3C patent policy notes added

   ISSUE-199: aria-processing: change proposal reviews

   <trackbot> ISSUE-199 Define complete processing requirements
   for ARIA attributes notes added

   ISSUE-200: legend-placement: change proposal reviews

   <trackbot> ISSUE-200 Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in
   non-FIELDSET elements notes added

   ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback: delaying action until after the F2F

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content notes added

   ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas: change proposal reviews

   <trackbot> ISSUE-205 Define what author guidance and/or methods
   should be provided to those that wish to create accessible text
   editors using canvas as a rendering surface. notes added

   Open Web Platform Summary

   [29]http://www.w3.org/QA/2012/04/openweb-weekly-31.html

     [29] http://www.w3.org/QA/2012/04/openweb-weekly-31.html

AOB

   none

Scribe for next meeting

   <krisk> I can scribe

   none

   krisk will scribe

Adjournment

   <paulc> Thanks, Sam

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version
    1.136 ( [31]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/04/19 16:15:22 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at
[32]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/next/this/
Succeeded: s/???/cynthia/
Succeeded: s/patch/test/
FAILED: s/patch/test/
Succeeded: s/agin/again/
FAILED: s/agin/again/
Succeeded: s/two/two proposals/
Succeeded: s/???/janina/
Found ScribeNick: glenn
Inferring Scribes: glenn

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: CfC Clarke Cynthia_Shelly ISSUE-133 ISSUE-184 ISSUE-1
94 ISSUE-195 ISSUE-198 ISSUE-199 ISSUE-200 ISSUE-201 ISSUE-204 ISSUE-20
5 JVoracek Joseph_Scheuhammer MFoladare Mark_Watson Microsoft Mike Mike
Smith P26 P30 P42 Radhika_Roy Sam acolwell adrianba cynthia ddorwin gle
nn hober html-wg janina joined krisk mark_vic_ mark_vickers milan milan
patel paulc rubys scribenick tantek trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda:
[33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012Apr
Jun/0006.html

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0006.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 19 Apr 2012
Guessing minutes URL:
[34]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-html-wg-minutes.html


   End of [35]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 19 April 2012 16:25:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:31 UTC