Re: Chair review of the issue-189 change proposals

On 2012-03-27 22:14, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 03/27/2012 12:42 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>>
>>> Review of the following proposal:
>>>
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0272.html
>>>
>>> "the spec takes the position that registration of scheme name prefixes
>>> is possible"
>>>
>>> Drop this. The current spec text presumes that describing a
>>> convention is possible. It does not presume that IETF registration
>>> of such a convention is possible. In fact, everyone seems to agree
>>> that IETF does not provide such a mechanism.
>>
>> "web+ scheme prefix" is in the IANA registration section, so yes, it
>> *does* take that position.
>
> We have an alternate change proposal that attempts to address this. Is
> the alternate proposal one that you can live with, or does it have any
> correctable problems which, if addressed, would result in something you
> could support?

The registration issue is just one part of the problem.

The architecture issue (overloading scheme syntax with semantics) is the
more serious problem. As far as I understand, it's now on the IETF/W3C
liaison agenda:

   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2012Apr/0024.html>

Maybe the issue should be put on hold until we get feedback.

Best regards, Julian