Re: CfC: Create Media Task Force

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:22:01 +1200
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Cc: John Simmons <johnsim@microsoft.com>, Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

What I actually said:

> That would allow a situation where there's Clearkey or some other weak CDM
> that can be used to demonstrate interoperability, but in practice Hollywood
> requires all sites to use some "Microsoft CDM" or "Google CDM" that is only
> supported by the DRM vendor's browser.

Your "creative editing" changed the meaning of what I said from a
hypothetical to a bare assertion. That is upsetting. Please refrain from
"creatively editing" me again.

I don't believe my objection creates an impasse. I suggested multiple ways
to address it, only one of which Mark has rejected so far.

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]