RE: CfC: Create Media Task Force

From: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:55:35 -0700
To: <robert@ocallahan.org>, "'Mark Watson'" <watsonm@netflix.com>
Cc: "'Paul Cotton'" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, <public-html@w3.org>
Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> since that I assume any CDM so documented would fail the Hollywood placebo test.

I appreciate that there are philosophical differences around this issue, but I would hope that philosophy be discussed in another forum, and that we focus on technical discussions. "Hollywood", as a legitimate content creator on and for the web, has issues around protecting their financial base, and the W3C has a legitimate need to hear out and address their concerns to the best of its technical ability to do so.

FWIW, as a member of the HTML WG I support the creation of this Task Force.

Thanks.

JF