issue-189 (web+ scheme / Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF)

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:02:50 +0900
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org
I have had a discussion with the chairs of the IETF IRI WG regarding HTML
WG issue 189. A related IETF IRI WG ticket had opened for this issue, but a
determination was then made that the issue is out of scope for the IRI WG.

Based on that, my recommendation is that the HTML WG should proceed on
whatever the next steps are on this issue, without blocking on getting any
further consideration of it from the IRI WG.

  --Mike