CfC: Close ISSUE-198 innerHTML-patent-policy by Amicable Resolution

On 03/06/2012 07:00 PM, Paul Cotton wrote:
> 'Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to the W3C patent
> policy'
>
> The current status for this issue:

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-198
>
> So far, we have one Change Proposal submitted for ISSUE-198:
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Reference_a_W3C_version_of_DOM_Parsing_and_Serialization
>
>  At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit additional Change
> Proposals, in case anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a
> different change than the specific ones in the existing Change
> Proposal.
>
> If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by April
> 3rd, 2012, we will proceed to evaluate the change proposal that we
> have received to date.

We continue to have only one Change Proposal for ISSUE-198:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Reference_a_W3C_version_of_DOM_Parsing_and_Serialization

At the current time, the chairs are issuing a call for consensus on this
proposal.  If anybody would like to raise an objection during this time,
we will require them to accompany their objection with a concrete and
complete change proposal.

If no objections are raised to this call by April 11th 2012, we will
direct the editor to make the proposed changes, and will only consider
subsequently reopening this issue based on new information and a
complete change proposal based on the spec's contents as it exists after
this change is applied.

- Sam Ruby