RE: hypothetical question on longdesc

> Would the Chairs' consider opening such an Issue due to the circumstances?

The WG Chairs have no mechanism for opening up such a new issue.  There is no Last Call bug that we could associate such a new issue with and the date for the creation of issues for the current Last Call has passed.  For reference see the Last Call timeline [1] and the timetable for re-opening issues [2].

/paulc

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0099.html

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada