W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > October 2011

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-10-27: issue updates, task force reports

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:43:00 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com)" <mjs@apple.com>, Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>, "Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> (janina@rednote.net)" <janina@rednote.net>, "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <104E6B5B6535E849970CDFBB1C5216EB4E354EDA@TK5EX14MBXC132.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/10/27-html-wg-minutes.html


- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

27 Oct 2011

 Agenda

Attendees

Present
  dsinger, Julian, Radhika_Roy, Sam, paulc, Janina, adrianba, [Microsoft], Cynthia_Shelly, mjs_
Regrets
Chair
  Paul Cotton
Scribe
  Adrian Bateman

Contents

Topics
1.ACTION items due by Thursday, October 27
2.New Issues This Week
3.Items Closed Last Week
4.Items Closing This Week
5.Items Closing Next Week
6.New Calls this week
7.New Surveys this week
8.Decisions this week
9.Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force
10.Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force
11.Other Business
12.Chair and Scribe for next meeting
13.Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACTION items due by Thursday, October 27

paulc: there are none

New Issues This Week

ISSUE-181?

<trackbot> ISSUE-181 -- remove remains of "sidebar" link relation -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-181: remove remains of "sidebar" link relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: related to sidebar link relation - it's mentioned later in the agenda
 ... comments?

Items Closed Last Week

ISSUE-174?

<trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link> semantics -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: there was a call for change proposals that closed on oct 21 - also mentioned later because we received one change proposal so we have a call for counter proposals

ISSUE-176?

<trackbot> ISSUE-176 -- Revert the edit that removed the Editing API -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/176

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-176: Revert the edit that removed the Editing API - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: in this case the chairs have closed the issue without prejudice because we did not feel we received a change proposal that me the structure, content and quality of a change proposal
 ... comments?

Items Closing This Week

ISSUE-177?

<trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-177: References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: call for change proposals closing tomorrow (oct28 - midnight boston time)

ISSUE-177?

<trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-177: References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: also a call for change proposals due tomorrow

ISSUE-179?

<trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-179: {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: all closing tomorrow

julian: there is a change proposal for issue 177
 ... just checking to see if it has been recorded
 ... it has

paulc: okay

Items Closing Next Week

ISSUE-180?

<trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-180: Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: also a call for change proposals due nov 4

New Calls this week

ISSUE-181?

<trackbot> ISSUE-181 -- remove remains of "sidebar" link relation -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-181: remove remains of "sidebar" link relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: chairs have issued a call for change proposals due nov 25

ISSUE-174?

<trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link> semantics -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: did receive a change proposal so there is a call for counter proposals also closing nov 25
 ... comments?

New Surveys this week

paulc: there are none

Decisions this week

ISSUE-176?

<trackbot> ISSUE-176 -- Revert the edit that removed the Editing API -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/176

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-176: Revert the edit that removed the Editing API - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: mentioned before - chairs decided to close issue-176 given the lack of change proposal in the time period

Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force

paulc: krisk is unavailable today to give update - testing IG is meeting before tpac
 ... kris is travelling today so we should skip this today

Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force

janina: we're looking forward to tpac - several conversations going on, things close to completion from our perspective
 ... several reconsideration requestions from text subteam

<scribe> ... new conversations from that group: something called table summary in html4, rejected in html5 - some pushback on that from a11y community

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: we think we can serve that better if instead of restoring we introduce a longdesc style mechanism
 ... just like we're asking for longdesc the question would be to have this consider for tables too
 ... PF will meet on monday and tuesday and some of these topics will be discussed
 ... another activity kicking off a tpac is work on the html mappings guide for a11y
 ... if nobody has said this before, adobe has stepped up to fund part of steve faulkner's week to fund that guide
 ... really appreciate that - he's the right person to do that
 ... cyns who is also on the call will be chairing that for the tf

paulc: does the tf intend on proposing unconference topics on thurs morning

janina: yes

cyns: canvas a11y will be one and api mapping will be another

janina: i think there will be some media follow-up and possibly the business about table summary and longdesc

cyns: was the text subteam interested too?

janina: yes, if any of the change proposals are not finished we're going to make sure they are finished during the week

paulc: if they are done earlier will they be submitted before the meeting?

janina: yes

paulc: you might consider asking for a session to discuss these either submitted or not submitted

Other Business

paulc: four items here

bug 14492?

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14492 jan.lindquist, P2, NEW, 13<video> change event when tracks are removed

paulc: this was sent to the wg by sam

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0138.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: [Bug 14492] change event when tracks are removed from Sam Ruby on 2011-10-25 (public-html@w3.org from October 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

rubys: basically the bug was split off - no problem with that
 ... person that did that automatically made it LC1
 ... if nobody objects we'll do that

paulc: basically the principle that the chairs are trying to follow: since this type of change doesn't result in a mail to the mailing list
 ... chairs are in favour of divide and conquer, if changes are to be made to a product they should be shared to the wg first

bug 11329?

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11329 schwer, P2, NEW, 13HTML 5 supporting browsers must generate resize event during a zoom.

paulc: here we wanted everyone to be aware that this pre-LC bug changed component to move it outside of the domain of the html wg

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0139.html

<pimpbot> Title: Status of bug 11329 from Sam Ruby on 2011-10-25 (public-html@w3.org from October 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

paulc: want to make sure people are aware of this situation - there was a desire to change the priority of this bug
 ... just putting it in front of the wg - if someone wants to comment they should respond to the mail on the list
 ... on the question of priority, if someone thinks a bug should be processed before the next deadline (dec 31) they should send it to the chairs for consideration on a case by case basis
 ... next is a message sent to the a11y list - request to reopen issue-131

ISSUE-131?

<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: reopen requests must be made with a change proposal according to the decision policy
 ... so this request has been rejected at this time
 ... this was discussed during the TF call this morning
 ... TPAC is next week - won't be having a call next week because of meeting on thu/fri
 ... if someone is thinking of registering late, main hotel is full and registration is walk-in rate

 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/registrants#HTML

paulc: get there early to get a good seat - if half the observers registered turn up there will be a large number of people
 ... we do have more than one room to accommodate the unconference

janina: i believe they are no longer accepting registrations

paulc: the chairs received a couple of requests for liaison sessions with other WGs and IGs
 ... we accepted one with web and tv ig
 ... we anchored one time for this meeting
 ... they have one plenary session on wednesday also and i've contacted the chairs to ask about the content of the two sessions
 ... will obviously be part of unconference planning - think it's after lunch on thursday

janina: they are also meeting with PF earlier in the week where the topic will be the user requirements for media in the a11y TF

paulc: since the want to build on html5 i was planning to try to attend that session to make sure we have additional people getting that info

Chair and Scribe for next meeting

paulc: this is the week after next - nov 10
 ... chair will be maciej if he's available
 ... any volunteers for scribing that meeting?
 ... none heard - sure one of the other co-chairs will help if we don't get a volunteer between now and then

Adjournment

paulc: thanks everyone - adjourn the meeting now

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 14202] Describe how to use microdata to mark up publication and modification date information for <article>s <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Oct/1233.html> 4** [Bug 13769] WF3: Add trim="" attribute to <input type=text/search> that strips leading and trailing whitespace from the value <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Oct/1232.html>

Summary of Action Items
 [End of minutes]

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cotton 
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:18 PM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: Adrian Bateman; Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net); Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com); Kris Krueger; Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> (janina@rednote.net)
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-10-27: issue updates, task force reports 

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on 2011-10-27 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
http://timeanddate.com/s/25fp

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
New Jersey/York 12:00, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, October 27
None

2. New Issues This Week:

a) ISSUE-181: remove remains of "sidebar" link relation
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

3. Items Closed Last Week

a) ISSUE-174: link-semantic-conflict, Change Proposals closed Oct 21
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Sep/0187.html

b) ISSUE-176: restore-editing-api, Change Proposals closed Oct 21
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Sep/0186.html

4. Items Closing This Week

a) ISSUE-177: ietf-id-wip, Change Proposals due Oct 28
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Sep/0241.html

b) ISSUE-178: uri-scheme-notation, Change Proposals due Oct 28
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Sep/0243.html

c) ISSUE-179: av_param, Change Proposals due Oct 28
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Sep/0242.html

5. Items Closing Next Week

a) ISSUE-180: allowpopups, Change Proposals due Nov 4
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0028.html

6. New Calls this week

a) ISSUE-181: remove-sidebar, Call for Proposals closes Nov 25
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0143.html

b) ISSUE-174: link-semantic-conflict, Call for Counter Proposals closes Nov 25
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0142.html 

7. New Surveys this week
None

8. Decisions this week

a) ISSUE-176: restore-editing-api, closed without prejudice
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0144.html

9. Task Force Reports

a) Testing Task Force

b) Accessibility Task Force

10. Other Business

a) [Bug 14492] <video> change event when tracks are removed
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0138.html 

b) Status of bug 11329
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0139.html 

c) Request to re-open ISSUE-131
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Oct/0124.html 

d) HTML WG F2F meeting, Thu-Fri Nov 3-4
Hotel update:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0053.html 
TPAC registration:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0033.html 
WG registration:
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/registrants#HTML 

11. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

12. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
  +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
  #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80


Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Thursday, 27 October 2011 16:43:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:17:40 GMT