Re: Change Proposal for ISSUE-170, was: ISSUE-170 rel-uri-valid: Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:40:07 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: public-html@w3.org
On 2011-10-11 08:55, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Julian Reschke<julian.reschke@gmx.de>  wrote:
>> SUMMARY
>
> I realize there hasn't been a call for counter-proposals yet, but
> here's one anyway:

Henri,

I just recalled why it's ok for RFC 5988 not to say more about
case-sensitivity. In RFC 5988, extension relations are URIs, thus they
are restricted to US-ASCII anyway. I think we should mirror that, such
as by saying:

> DETAILS
>
> After "Extensions to the predefined set of link types may be
> registered in the Microformats wiki existing-rel-values page. [MFREL]"
> add: "Registered types must. Additionally, absolute URLs that do not
> contain characters U+0041 (LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A) through U+005A
> (LATIN CAPITAL LETTER Z) (inclusive) may be used as link types."

s/Registered types must.// (that wasn't intended, right?)

s/absolute URLs/absolute URLs that only contain US-ASCII characters and/

Best regards, Julian