Response to Jonas Sicking's Change Proposal: Deprecate Longdesc

From: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:24:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'HTMLWG WG'" <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: "'Jonas Sicking'" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Colleagues,

On June 25th Jonas Sicking put forth a change Proposal related to Issue 30
- Longdesc (http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30).

A number of assertions and factual inaccuracies were brought forward in
this proposal, and I was tasked with addressing and responding to those
issues. It has been a long and busy summer, and I apologize (especially to
Jonas) for the delay in getting this completed. However, I have completed
the response and respectfully bring it to the attention of this Working
Group for consideration.

The Response can be found at:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/A11yTF/longdescresponse

Thank you.