Re: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes for HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1)

On 11/18/2011 08:12 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> I believe the full set of four change proposals that I have listed at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Tantekelik#change_proposals
>
> now cover the edits that the editor is proposing.
>
> I will also note that there have been additional contributions to the
> data element change proposal Rationale[1] by Tab Atkins that attempt
> to document advantages of the data element over other proposed
> alternatives (e.g. a global value/content/itempropvalue attribute). I
> hope that documentation helps us reach consensus.
>
> I think we should move for a call for consensus / counter-proposals on
> those four change proposals at this time.

The next time the co-chairs are scheduled to meet is Monday at 4PM
Eastern.  In the interrim, some informal (unvetted) feedback:

1) If you decline to separate out the proposed patches and align them
with the proposals, the chairs will in all likelihood decline to do so
on your behalf.

2) I've already pointed out at least one instance where the patch and
the proposals are inconsistent.  Failure to address problems such as
these means that a call for consensus is premature.

I encourage you to complete the split as you outlined.  Furthermore, I
encourage you to seek broader consensus.

> Thanks,
>
> Tantek
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Tantekelik/data_element#Rationale

- Sam Ruby