Re: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes for HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1)

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:39:08 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, public-html@w3.org
On 11/18/2011 03:28 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu
> <mailto:tantek@cs.stanford.edu>> wrote:
>
>     1. Reintroduction of the enhanced time element. Use-cases/needs have
>     been demonstrated for an enhanced time element and thus we should add
>     it.
>     http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Tantekelik/time_element
>
> To help fill out the "Details" section of this proposal, I have worked
> with Tantek and others to provide a patch:
>
> http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6826&to=6828
> <http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6826&to=6828>
>
> I propose this as the resolution to this issue.

That patch introduces changes that are outside of the scope of the issue
that you cited and inconsistent with at least one of the two other
change proposals that Tantek cited.  In particular, Tantek proposed the
following:

   Provide one or more examples that show use with microformats,
   microdata, and RDFa, without preferring one over another. Prefer use
   of openly developed vocabularies/URLs (e.g. microformats.org,
   whatwg.org, w3.org) rather than those developed by one company (or
   just a few companies) like schema.org.

If the group decides to treat this all as one issue, we can go that way,
but unless we have consensus, we will need a Change Proposal that
matches the proposed change.

> --
> Ian Hickson

- Sam Ruby