Re: modal dialog and fullscreen API

Hi Sam, I read Anne's comments differently

I think he was suggesting that this part of the proposal[1] be dropped or
left out as it defines rendering rules that are in conflict witht the
fullscreen stuff:

"::cover

This pseudo-element matches the object under the dialog used to cover the
rest of the page. Only modal dialogs have covers. When visible, it is fixed
positioned, with its top, right, bottom, and left edges at the
corresponding edges of the viewport.

The dialog and its cover, taken together, are siblings within a new
stacking context which is placed above all other stacking contexts. The
cover has z-index -1 within this stacking context, and the dialog z-index
0."

I don't see a major issue either way as content is added to the spec all
the time by the editor that is later modified or removed, if it would
achieve greater consensus this section could be marked "to do"

The main point is to get the modal spec text in some form into the HTML5
spec for wider reveiw and hopefully implementation.

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/User:Eoconnor/ISSUE-133#::cover

regards

Steve

--