Re: modal dialog and fullscreen API

Hi Anne,
thanks for the info.

makes sense to align the rendering methods.

A question I brought up a while ago was in relation to how display and
control of events works for Javascript alert() etc. As to my untrained eye
the desired behaviour is similar to how dialog should work. For example in
firefox a semi opaque overlay is displayed and keyboard events are confined
to the javscript dialog until dismissed.

>The ::cover part of Ted's proposal heavily overlaps with the kind of thing
needed for fullscreen. Fullscreen solves it in a different way, ::cover has
some missing >details, and neither works well when combined or nested as
far as I can tell.

So its sounds like it would be useful for ted (or any other interested
person) to review how fullscreen does it and adjust/drop cover:: to match
and provide feedback on fullscreen.

regards
stevef

--