Re: CP no-change hgroup (ISSUE-164)

2011-11-07 07:21, Simon Pieters skrev:
>> <hgroup> is *not* being used in any meaningful way yet, since there
>> are no tools that actually honors its meaning. (At least no one has
>> ever come up with an example of the opposite in any discussion that I
>> have participated in.)
>
> The only tools I know of are outliners that implement the spec's outline
> algorithm.

Some other tools:

* Screen readers
* Mediawiki (the Contents box) + other sites with similar tools
* https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/headingsmap/

None of these implement the HTML5 outline algorithm yet, but for
sections we have the possibility of aligning old school header-level
sections with sectioning elements:

<h1 />
<section>
   <h2 />
   <section>
     <h3 />
   </section>
</section>

No such backwards compatibility exist for hgroup.

--
Lars Gunther
http://keryx.se/