Re: Rebuttal of dropHgroup CP (ISSUE-164)

From: Smylers <Smylers@stripey.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 20:59:41 +0000
To: public-html@w3.org
Lars Gunther writes:

> 2011-11-06 11:13, Simon Pieters skrev:
>
> > Comments on
> > http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/dropHgroup
> >
> > > Markup generated in WYSIWYG environments will probably be messed
> > > up with hgroup. First of all it affects workflow:
> >
> > I don't see why the workflow would need to be different compared to
> > a different element/markup pattern for subtitles.
>
> My remark was the result of trying to write an UI (on paper) for
> hgroup. No matter how I did it, I could not get away from the fact
> that the intuitive way of working was to select the text for the
> subtitle and chose "set as subtitle", ...

Here's one alternative: when the user presses the 'new section' button a
dialog box pops up which prompts for the section heading and (optional)
subheading. That would work fine independently of the mark-up which is
used to denote subheadings.

Smylers
--
Watch fiendish TV quiz 'Only Connect' (some questions by me)
Mondays at 20:30 on BBC4, or iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/onlyconnect